Apr 1, 2016

Bohol Eats | Eat with Gusto at Gustus Resto, Tagbilaran City, Bohol

If I were to recommend a place for a casual pig out or night out with friends in Tagbilaran City, Bohol, Gustus would definitely make it at the top of my list of suggestions! This restaurant which opened in July 2015 offers both traditional Filipino cuisine and Western dishes in a cozy setting. 

I was able to taste the yummy gastronomic delights of Gustus while on the Seas the Day Bohol Tour. The restaurant is named after the eponymous “Gustus” which is the Latin word for taste. Our taste buds were in for a real treat at Gustus Resto! Here are some of the reasons why you should eat here!


The food is delicious

Gustus will certainly not disappoint in terms of food! I loved everything they served us from the chicken wings to the sisig. The owner and chef, DJ Dejaresco, is formally trained at one of the top culinary schools in the Philippines, the International School for Culinary Arts and Hotel Management in Manila. His passion for cooking is evident in the quality of the food at Gustus!

Make sure to try out their bestsellers: crispy pata, sizzling bulalo, Cajun shrimps in a bag (one of my favorite out of all the things we ate!) and pork ribs. 

The atmosphere is cozy 

I like that Gustus is so cozy and relaxed; it’s perfect for casual night outs with the barkada.  I can definitely see myself chilling here on Friday nights. Also, aside from regular tables the place has booths. This setup is great if you want to make your date or get-together more intimate. 

Gustus is homegrown 

I love the fact that there are many new restaurants and cafes sprouting in Bohol that aren’t franchises. Gustus is uniquely conceptualized by the owner who is also a Boholano. I'm all for supporting restaurants and shops that are locally owned!


Gustus
M. Torralba Street, Tagbilaran City
(behind CPG Sports Complex)
Open every day from 11:00 AM to 1:30 PM and 5:00 PM to 9:00 PM
Contact: (038)422-8337 | Facebook | gustusresto@gmail.com


~~~
Photo credit: Emjae Argallon | www.emjaefotos.com
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post but all opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment