Jul 28, 2015

Birthday musings and materialistic pursuits


My birthday is right around the corner and I have friends and family asking me what I want from them. What I really need in my life right now are: better, chemical-free sleep, the will to go back to the gym, better time management, better self-discipline, more compassion and more patience. If you can't get me any of those, you can satiate my material needs instead ;)

Here are some things that would make my materialistic side really happy (for now):

Monsters by Rob Cham laptop sleeve. I'm starting to bring my laptop around with me again because of all the online projects I have. I need a new laptop sleeve to protect it from all the dangerous objects I keep in my bag. Something as pretty and functional as this laptop sleeve by Rob Cham will do the trick! The sleeve size I'm looking for is 13-13.3" or 13in (W) x 9in (L) x 1in (D). Monsters laptop sleeve is available via Punchdrunk Panda.

Acme Made Red Bowler Camera Bag. I've been using this camera bag for over five years; it served me well but it's ready to retire. I loved my Acme Made bowler camera bag for its compact design and its obscene red color. I got mine at Camera Haus (SM Cebu) but I don't know if they're still selling it. I won't mind getting another camera bag from another shop as long as it meets my criteria. Durability is a given, my other requirement is: it shouldn't look like a camera bag. 

Books. Books will always have a spot in any of my wishlists. I'm currently looking for these titles and it's perfectly fine if you give them to me secondhand (or third hand or fourth hand) as long as the pages are complete and all the texts are legible.
Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov 
Flowers for Algernon by Daniel Keyes 
Henry & June by Anais Nin 
Love is a Dog from Hell by Charles Bukowski 
Trese Books 1, 2 and 3 by Budjette Tan
Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury
Fujifilm Instax Mini 8. I enjoy taking pictures but lugging around my DSLR is just too troublesome and inconvenient sometimes! Also, I'd like to have photographic keepsakes to hand out or hoard but I'm too lazy to get any of my digital pictures developed. Fujifilm Instax Mini 8 is available at Lazada.

A story, a poem, a song or a piece of art dedicated to me. I have a lot of creative friends and owning a creation of theirs (especially before they get super famous!) would make me very proud! I'll be extremely happy if you wrote/composed/created your gift just for me and then I can brag about it to my future grandkids. I promise, I won't auction out or sell the rights to your gift :P

No comments:

Post a Comment