May 23, 2015

BE Resorts Mactan: Finding a piece of paradise


There's something about the sea that's magical, mysterious, seductive. Perhaps it's the water and the way it cleanses. The sand and how easily we can hide and burrow in it. The breeze and how it can soothe the soul. The ebb and flow of the tide and how it reminds us of life's fleetingness.

We drive hours out of town -- and our comfort zones -- to feel, hear, experience the magic and mysteries of the sea. 

When was the last time the sea seduced you? 

Some weekends ago, I longed for the sea and solitude. I found both at BE Resorts, Mactan, Cebu. It was a short daycation but in those few hours I rediscovered the meaning of paradise. 

I've stayed in luxury hotels, gilded, glitzy, gotten lost in the ceremonious pampering and thought, "I don't want to be anywhere else."

I've stayed in decrepit, hole-in-the-wall clubs reeking of cheap alcohol and cigarettes, drinking in the music and conversations and thought, "I don't want to be anywhere else." 

Paradise isn't a place. 

Paradise isn't so much a physical location as it is a feeling, a state of mind. Paradise is who you're with, who you'll always want to be with. 

I hope one day we all find paradise.

      

BE Resorts Mactan Day Tour Rate: PHP 1,200 (about USD 26.88) per person

Day pass inclusions:
  • Use of resort facilities, pool and beach from 7:00 AM to 5:00 PM
  • Set lunch (appetizer, main course, dessert and one drink)
  • Towels

Getting to BE Resorts Mactan via public transport:
  • Go to the public terminal of Park Mall, Mandaue and get on a jeepney headed to Punta Engaño, Mactan (ask the driver what his route is to be sure)
  • The ride takes about 15-30 minutes depending on traffic, road conditions and stops. 
  • The jeepney will pass right in front of BE Resorts. 


BE Resorts
Punta Engaño Road, Mactan Island, 
Cebu, Philippines

Contact: Official Website | Facebook | Email | Telephone: +6332.236.8888 or +6332.495.7888 


+++

What's your idea of paradise? What have you been doing this summer? 

31 comments:

  1. I like how clean and comfy the place looks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! BE Resorts' white, minimalist theme makes it really stylish and sleek :) I fell in love with the design right away.

      Delete
  2. I can understand why the price is a bit expensive. The place is definitely well kept, clean and not your average resort. I wish I can visit this place soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BE Resorts is really cozy and clean! It's a good choice, too, if you want to simply relax and avoid crowds.

      Delete
  3. Murag nag lisud ko concentrate sa view kai sexy kaau ka hahahahah! Love the outfit maam!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Waaaa thank you Ms. Jhanis! Second ra ko nimo madam oi eheheheheh.

      Delete
  4. The resort looks beautiful! I lived in Bohol most of my life where the beach is just 15 mins away. I'd say the last time the sea seduced me was when I was back there :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello fellow Boholana! One of the things I miss in Bohol are the stunning white beaches that are just a few minutes' drive away :)

      Delete
    2. They're also opening a be resort in Bohol!

      Delete
    3. Yeah, I heard! I'm sure it's gonna be lovely since Bohol's beaches are naturally beautiful :)

      Delete
  5. I'm always amazed how the power of angles work for BE Resorts, although it's coastline isn't that long, they were able to utilize it well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I was surprised when I first saw their beach front. I thought it was much bigger but their design and the colors they used for their furniture and building make the place look more spacious and uncluttered :D

      Delete
  6. Wow dalia nila nimahal ui! Last year, it was just P750/person for the day use rate! Haha. I miss BE! It's a lovely place for relaxation! And I agree on your definition of paradise. Tamang tama gyud kaau! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm, I think the 750 PHP day rate applies to weekdays? We went there on a Saturday. Glad you had a blast at BE! It's a great place for a quick escape because it's just near Cebu City :)

      Delete
  7. I've never been to BE resorts yet. Tana ngadto mag-outing among company 'coz if I really on family members, way juy pag-asa maabot ko nganha since di sila mahilig ug beach. Hehe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Or you can go to BE Resorts on your own! It's very accessible, for sure, you'll love the place :)

      Delete
  8. When was the last time the sea seduced me? Everyday! I just LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gaaahh nice!! Love your definition of paradise! For me a lot of "places" are not really places but state of mind. LOL. Haven't been to BE resort but I'm looking for a nice and budget-friendly nearby resort for my 5th wedding anniv! Haha. I'll include this on my short list. :) I'm planning to go to Bohol pud, waahhh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BE is a nice option especially if you're looking for a quick getaway but for something as special as your 5th wedding anniversary, pag Bohol lang mo :D I think BE's overnight rate is 5K-9K. There's a lot you can do in Bohol for the same amount :)

      Delete
  10. Ka nice uy.. I've seen millions of pictures of this resort but wala pa jud ko nka adto.. i'll have to go there some time soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should :) It's relatively near Cebu City (compared to the islands in the North or South of Cebu) and it's a lovely place to relax and chill.

      Delete
  11. Thanks for sharing great photos of this resort. I agree, it was a piece of Paradise tucked in the shores of Punta Engano. Though layo lang jud sha ha. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. You're so sexy! :) I wanna visit there even when it's not summer. The view's got the drama :)

    wandersoul.co,vu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, you're so sweet :) Visit BE Resorts when you have the time, you'll love the dramatic views and relaxing feel of the place :D

      Delete
  13. It looks gorgeous! I forgot that some resorts had this day option, I did it in Dubai, maybe there is somewhere nice in Perth too where I can have a "daycation".

    { sparklesideup.com }

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Daycations are just perfect for those days when you want a quick change of scenery. Come to the Philippines next time! There's plenty of stunning white beaches here :)

      Delete
  14. Looks wonderful! I've been to Cebu last weekend and we explored Moalboal. We were supposed to go to Lapu-Lapu area, but we can't find a decent place to stay that's not too expensive. Hehe!


    www.jhanzey.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't been to Moalboal but my friends say it's marvelous! Thanks for dropping by my blog!

      Delete
  15. How about the food? Were they good too? I've been wanting to go to BE too!😂

    ReplyDelete
  16. How about the food? Were they good too? I've been wanting to go to BE too!😂

    ReplyDelete