Apr 3, 2015

The 2 Most Heart-Stopping Rides at Dahilayan Adventure Park

Image credit: Dahilayan Adventure Park Facebook

Have you been to Dahilayan Adventure Park? 

If you have a thing for hair-raising attractions, you'll definitely love this extreme adventure park in the mountains of Bukidnon!

Dahilayan Adventure Park was one of my summer itineraries last year. The daredevil in me couldn't resist going on almost all of the rides available. Out of everything I tried, I'd have to say there were two attractions that stood out, I can safely call them the most heart-stopping of all rides in Dahilayan Adventure Park! Click on READ MORE to know what they are!

The Longest Dual Zipline in Asia 
PHP 500 for 2 people (about USD 11.28)

After trying The Suislide in E.A.T. Danao, Bohol, ziplines have sort of lost their appeal. But Dahilayan Adventure Park boasts of having the longest dual zipline in Asia. Obviously, being slightly maniacal, I couldn't resist trying this one out! 

Image credits: Dahilayan Adventure Park website & Facebook

What makes this ride different? 

The dual zipline at Dahilayan Adventure Park is an 840-meter zipline with a 100-meter drop. The "longest" bit didn't sink in until I boarded the park's Safari Cruiser which would take me and my companion to the launch tower. The ride to the jump-off point took about 5-8 minutes and, to be completely honest, I was starting to have second thoughts about my decision to try this one out! Fortunately, my curiosity and adventurous spirit won me over.

The dual zipline lets riders zoom through the forest canopy at 60-80 kilometer per hour, according to the park's official website. It was an exhilarating experience made more spectacular with the rare aerial view of treetops, rocks and rivers. 

Why is this ride heart-stopping? 

Most ziplines take only a few minutes. This one takes forever. Okay, it did seem that long especially when it got really foggy and I couldn't see anything in front of or below me anymore! My excitement was replaced by fear and my fear was replaced by paranoia! To pass the time, I started making a list in my head titled "Dumb Ways to Die," which included getting impaled by treetops, breaking my skull against a rock, falling into a river, etc. I desperately prayed for the ride to end -- with me alive and intact most of all!

Dropzone
PHP 500 solo (about USD 11.28) or PHP 750 by pair (about USD 16.92)

I guess every amusement park amusement park has that one legendary ride, something that isn't offered anywhere else. I definitely think Dropzone is the ride to end all rides in Dahilayan Adventure Park. The buzzwords free fall and pendulum swing plus ecstatic recommendations from my family members instantly convinced me that this ride was a must-try. 

Image credits: Dahilayan Adventure Park website & Facebook

What makes this ride different?

Dropzone boasts of being the first and only extreme pendulum swing of its kind in the Philippines. It starts out with you slowly being raised to your desired height; imagine a flagpole with you as the flag. Using a remote, you choose how high you want to get - my cousin and I agreed to go the highest because we're both insane like that. 

When you're satisfied with the height (and said your last wishes), you pull a string that will "release" you and your companion. The laws of physics and gravity then take over, a free fall ensues followed by you swinging back and forth pendulum style. 

Why is this ride heart-stopping? 

In case you missed the things I said above, let me reiterate: This ride is a near-death experience! The description on the website says Dropzone features a free fall of 120-feet, that's like an 11-story building! I'm pretty good at containing my emotions but, in this case, I screamed my way throughout the free fall and swing! 

Also, the fact that they let you choose and control the height you want to fall from only adds bloodcurdling suspense to the experience! I was the one who held the remote and pulled the string and I think I can pretty much compare the experience to choosing how painful and terrifying you want to die. 

By the way, did I mention that there's a man-made lake below the ride? It's a nerve-racking experience swooping back and forth a few feet above the water's surface! 

Would I go through the longest dual zip line and Dropzone again? Of course! And if you love adrenaline-pumping rides, you should, too!

+++

Aside from the longest dual zip line and Dropzone, Dahilayan Adventure Park also offers other (tamer) attractions like the rope course, shorter ziplines, the Python zipline and the Flying Lizard. For more information on their attractions and accommodations, check out their website

Dahilayan Adventure Park
Dahilayan, Manolo Fortich, 
Bukidnon, Philippines
Contact: Website | Facebook


~~~
Discover extreme adventure tours by following Coffee, Tea or Death on 
Facebook | Twitter | Google + | Instagram | my mailing list

26 comments:

  1. What the heck is a Python zipline? I hope there isn't a snake in there? Hahaha. When we went to Dakak, they claimed to have the longest dual zipline in Asia too so I don't know which one is now. LOL. But we tried it. I've read about the Dropzone and yep, I definitely wanna try it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! It's called Python because, instead of the usual straight course, the zipline twists and turns like a snake/zigzag. I think the full name of the ride is Python Roller Zipline. It was quite fun but not as nerve-racking as the two I wrote about :) oh man, now I want to try the one in Dakak!

      Delete
    2. Ahahaha, thanks for confirming! Need to note that down. I have a post coming up about that Dakak zipline too!

      Delete
    3. Looking forward to your post on the zipline in Dakak! :D We can compare notes hahaha!

      Delete
  2. I probably be just like you. I could ride it over and over again. How I wish a similar ride is available nearby. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to know someone's into extreme adventure attractions like me :D

      Delete
  3. I have a thing for hair raising adventures! Me I volunteer! Hahaha. I'd love to try those if only they were nearer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Waaa. I wanna try all these rides! How I wish Bukidnon is just a stone's throw from here. Whew.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should try them if you get the chance :)

      Delete
  5. Love, love, love this post! Makes me want to pack and fly there the soonest possible time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you love extreme adventures, you should make Dahilayan Adventure Park one of your travel destinations :) There's a lot you can do there, kids and grownups will love it!

      Delete
  6. It looks cool! But I don't know if I can really do this! hahahaha! I need more courage! Lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! I'm sure if you tried at least one extreme adventure attraction every other ride after that will be easy breezy! ;)

      Delete
  7. Waaaah haven't heard about the Python Zipline but I sure did about Dropzone and ever since I've been wanting to try it! Sound so fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think everyone should do something death-defying while they're young and wild and free! Hahahaha! What extreme adventure ride have you tried so far?

      Delete
  8. I would have a heart attack in seconds if I try the dropzone! hehehe But seriously, it's good to see from your photos that there are 2 to 3 safety lines. If 1 rope fails, there's a backup. At least I know it's safe. That video somewhere abroad with just one rope that got cut stuck in my head. What's scary was the river was infested with crocodiles! hehe. Now that got me really chicken if I see dropzones, suislide and whatever. Glad to know know you had fun. It's a heart-stopping adventure indeed but not for the faint-hearted like me. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen that video but, crocodiles? Yikes! That sounds awful! I'm into extreme adventures and hair-raising rides but I wouldn't go on one if I feel that the safety aspect has been compromised :D

      Delete
  9. Waaah wanna try this one badly, i could ride all these over and over again!

    www.sarahrizaga.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had the same feeling the first time I saw all the rides at Dahilayan Adventure Park! ;)

      Delete
  10. Waaah I really need this dose of adrenaline. The longest zipline I had was 2012 in Delta Discovery Butuan which is said to be the "longest" in PH at 1.3km. After that, all the ziplines are not much fun to me anymore so I will go for that Dropzone in a heartbeat. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rea (of BlissfulSnapshots.com) and I were wondering about the longest zipline title hahaha. The zipline in Dakak claims to be the longest zipline so now I'm confused! Oh you should definitely try Dropzone if you get the chance! It's awesome in a shitting-in-your-pants kinda way! :D

      Delete
  11. 120 ft?! No way. My heart will jump out scared! I'd only tried zipline but even then it was only a few feet above the ground. This one? No. I might die up in the air hahahaha jk. Maybe when I can come and conquer my fear, I'll be able to do this someday! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dropzone is more hair-raising but I'm sure you'll do just fine with the longest zipline :D

      Delete
  12. Just looking at it makes my heart skip a beat! This is not for the faint at heart for sure!

    ReplyDelete