Apr 14, 2015

A symphony of flavor & freshness at Phat Pho: A Vietnamese Kitchen


What's your go-to place when craving Vietnamese food?

I've recently become a fan of Vietnamese cuisine after enjoying a delectable lunch at Phat Pho: A Vietnamese Kitchen. Click on READ MORE to know about The Abaca Group's contemporary take on Vietnamese food.

The traditional culinary culture of Vietnam is well-known and well-loved for its use of fresh ingredients. Considered one of the healthiest cuisines in the world, Vietnamese cuisine creates a delicate balance between herbs, meats and spices to achieve its distinctive flavor.

Are you hungry yet? If you're in Cebu and craving the gastronomic fares of Vietnam, make sure to swing by any of the two branches of Phat Pho: A Vietnamese Kitchen. At first glance, Phat Pho seems like a casual - maybe ordinary - noodle shop but don't let its simple trappings fool you! This restaurant by The Abaca Group boasts of a mouthwatering selection of classic Vietnamese food made of the finest ingredients. Best of all, Phat Pho does not use any bases or artificial powders resulting in a culinary experience that is naturally flavorful, light and, of course, delicious. 

For our lunch at Phat Pho, our group of three enjoyed the following:  
Crispy Egg Rolls, PHP 120 for 3 pieces (about USD 2.69). For our appetizer, we had a serving of crispy egg rolls. Phat Pho's take on this popular Vietnamese dish is light and crunchy. I especially loved that the egg rolls were not oily. It kept our hunger at bay (we were all quite famished because it was a late lunch) but was also light enough that it didn't ruin our appetite. 
Banh Mi, PHP 280 (about USD 6.27). This is one of the store's specialties and my personal favorite. In Vietnam, Banh Mi is the general term for all kinds of bread but in westernized locations, it usually refers to sandwiches stuffed with meat and greens. Phat Pho's Banh Mi is very filling and flavorful. The meat, spices and vegetables were in perfect symphony with one another other. I also loved that the bread was perfectly toasted. 
Fish Sauce Chicken Wings, PHP 185 (about USD 4.14). Fish sauce is a staple ingredient in Vietnamese cuisine. I'm not too fond of fish sauce because it has the tendency to be overpowering. The fish sauce chicken wings at Phat Pho, however, was a pleasant surprise! The chicken wings were flavorful and a perfect balance of spicy, tangy and sweet. The fish sauce complimented the dish and wasn't overpowering at all. All three of us were easily addicted to this!

Good to know:
  • Phat Pho: A Vietnamese Kitchen offers set meals for PHP 195 (about USD 4.36) between 2PM and 5PM. This is inclusive of two dishes, rice and broth. 
  • Parking: available
  • We had lunch at the Robinsons Cybergate branch; the space is quite small so make sure to make reservations first if you plan to come in a big group.
  • Click on the image below to check out their menu

Phat Pho: A Vietnamese Kitchen

Ground Floor, Robinsons Cybergate,
Don Mariano Cui St., Cebu City
+63.32.238.6825

The Crossroads, 
Banilad, Cebu City
+63.32.416.2442

Contact: Facebook | Twitter | Email 

~~~
Don't miss out on my future gastronomic adventures! Connect with Coffee, Tea or Death via
Facebook | Twitter | Google + | Instagram | my mailing list

18 comments:

  1. I've heard about this before but haven't visited at all! Those chicken wings are a must! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The chicken wings are addicting! You should try Phat Pho if you have the chance :D

      Delete
  2. Looks like a really great place! Their food looks delish too!

    www.sarahrizaga.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The food tastes as good as they look! The best thing about Phat Pho is they don't use powders and bases to flavor their food :)

      Delete
  3. Wow! I am amazed by how they plated their food. Really interesting!

    JL
    viajerachronicles.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. I'm craving their chicken wings, too! I wanna get some soon!

      Delete
  5. I have been a fan of Vietnamese cuisine ever since I tasted a Chicken Pho (you know, Michelle Phan's favorite food) Hehehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My favorite cuisines are Italian, French and American but after reading about Vietnamese food and how it uses fresh ingredients, I became an instant fan!

      Delete
  6. Seems like a good place to dine but their food is quite expensive. hehe

    www.itsjaninella.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh but the price is worth it considering you're paying for fresh and natural ingredients :)

      Delete
  7. I haven't tried Vietnamese cuisine but I think I could consider it now. Food looks delish :D

    Xx, Vanessa | The College Candy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should give Vietnamese food a try! I didn't think I'd become a fan either but after tasting it and knowing the philosophy behind it, I became a fan.

      Delete
  8. Aside from the mouthwatering food, it's a budget friendly resto too! Wanna try the chicken wings ughh :) Is this new, btw?

    www.thewander-soul.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah the food there is quite reasonably priced considering its by the Abaca Group :) I don't think Phat Pho is new. If I'm not mistaken, they opened in 2013.

      Delete
  9. First time I was here, I was shocked to see what other customers are eating.. so many sagbot! But when I ate my order, it was a different kind of sagbot, t'was tasty! ahahah

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love their Crispy Egg Rolls, Steamed Rice, Pork Satay and kalimot ko sa usa. I will definitely go back and eat more! Lami jud ila food.

    ReplyDelete