Apr 21, 2015

12 Books. 12 Months. 5 Words.

books

"12 Books. 12 Months. 5 Words" is a reading project where I read one book within one month for the next 12 months and then write a 5-word description about it. I will also feature related artworks from various artists. 

Click on READ MORE to know what I've read so far. If you have a book recommendation, feel free to comment! I'd love to hear them! 



January


The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

"Gospel in fairytale wrappings."


The Little Prince by Nic Lim | rinian.deviantart.com

+++

February

One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia-Marquez

"Our humanity and our history."


Humanity by Michael Evans | creativemikey.deviantart.com

+++

March

Fight Club by Chuck Palahniuk

"My generation's Animal Farm."

Fight Club by Nakovi | nakovi.deviantart.com


+++


April

The Post-Birthday World by Lionel Shriver

"The pleasures, perils of desire."


Refraction by Paulo Pereira | pauloppereira.deviantart.com


+++

Have you read any of the books above? What did you think? I'd love to hear your thoughts!

~~~

This is an ongoing project so make sure to check back for updates! Connect with me through
Facebook | Twitter | Google + | Instagram | my mailing list

3 comments:

  1. I have a 12BooksFor2015 challenge to myself! :) One book per month. I want to read more but so far, I think I only have time for 1 book a month. I can't believe I haven't read The Little Prince yet in full. I've only read excerpts. Same with 100 Years of Solitude.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you should read The Little Prince! This isn't the first time I read it but the effect was more profound this time around. Also, make sure the edition you get is the one translated by Katherine Woods.

      Delete
  2. one hundred years of solitude is love! i read it about four or five times. and it's always on top of my list when it comes to recommending books for people to read. =)

    ReplyDelete