May 29, 2012

My summer-ender: Food tripping in Dumaguete City!

So far, my summer-ender has been a blast beginning with an unexpected trip to Dumaguete- a short and sweet one that is best summed up in one word: FOOD. 



I think what I love most about Dumaguete is its laid-back atmosphere which makes it easy for anyone to feel at ease and welcome in the community scene. Equally wonderful is the fact that there are hundreds of amazing places-- restaurants, bars and boutiques-- to discover within the city. Keep reading to find out three  awesome places that I tried out while I was there! 

When my cousins and I arrived on Monday evening, we were starving. We immediately went to Flamin' Grill  Cafe to eat.


Dinner consisted of grilled burgers, Buffalo wings, fries and mac and cheese. The place was very fun and cozy and reminded me of a retro-themed diner complete with black and white checkerboard floors. If I went to school in Silliman University I could definitely see myself hanging out in Flamin' Grill Cafe most nights.
  





Flamin' Grill Cafe is located in
Hibbard Ave., Tubod, Dumaguete City

After having dessert at a Korean shop we head off to Worldview Hotel where we were supposed to stay. Unfortunately, because of some mishaps with our reservations the hotel gave away our room to someone else! Well at least the receptionist was kind enough to refer us to another place. We ended up in a smaller inn, across the Korean shop we earlier went to. Our room was small and it had a bit of cleanliness issues. My only consolation was that it was air-conditioned, the en-suite bathroom had a heater and it was cheap. 


On Tuesday we had brunch at Kri-- which is now my favorite restaurant in Dumaguete City. I have only good things to say about Kri: the place was gorgeous, the architecture and interior was very eclectic and modern:








... and the food was nothing short of fantastic:

 General Tso's Chicken

 Sliders




Toasted marshmallow shake






KRI is located in
53rd Silliman Avenue, Dumaguete City


In the afternoon, before my trip home, we hit Sans Rival Cakes & Pastries to buy goodies that I could bring home and, of course, to eat. Sans Rival Cakes & Pastries is a well-known local shop. Personally I think no trip to Dumaguete would be complete without a visit to this dainty little bakery. I bought their legendary Sans Rival cake and two boxes of Silvanas- they now have chocolate-flavored ones, oh joy! 



Cookie monster 

Blueberry cheesecake




Sans Rival Cakes & Pastries is found in
#3 San Jose St., Dumaguete City 
and at the Lee Plaza

The rest of my trip... in pictures:






How did you spend or end your summer? Have you dined in Dumaguete's Flamin' Grill Cafe, Kri and Sans Rival? Tell me about your experience!

My Breakaway Series will resume shortly after this feature. Make sure you don't miss the rest of the posts in the Breakaway project, follow me on Twitter, like my FaceBook page, add me on Google Friend Connect or join my mailing list on the right sidebar. 

1 comment:

  1. Will definitely check this out once I get back to Dumagete!!

    ReplyDelete