Apr 15, 2012

Three new favorite things and the last day of my mini-vacation in Manila


Here's the final installment of my mini vacation in Manila and three new favorite things that I discovered that day. I'll keep this short and sweet-- in the literal sense of the word. Keep reading and you'll find out why!

Our last day in Manila was spent in the Power Plant Mall in Makati.We had only a few hours to spare before our flight home and my cousin took me there primarily because she wanted me to try this place:


In a little corner in the 2nd floor of the Archaeology Annex in the Power Plant Mall is a dainty, brightly-colored (so unlike me) shop called Happy Lemon


Happy Lemon is a drink chain that originates from Hong Kong and I am proud to say they are now my favorite (non-alocholic) drinking hole in the entire universe! 


I had a cocoa with rock salt and cheese and instantly fell in love! 

  
Cocoa with rock salt and cheese was like cheesecake in liquid form! And I have an incessant love affair with cheesecake so you can just imagine how heavenly the drink was for me. 



Currently, Happy Lemon has six branches in the Philippines. Aside from the Power Plant Mall, they are also in Greenhills, San Juan, Eastwood Mall & Trinoma Mall in Quezon City, SM Megamall in Mandaluyong City and in Building 3, Bonifacio High Street, Taguig. If you are in any of those places, be sure to drop by, order something and tell me if I'm right or I'm very right. You can find out more about them through their FaceBook page. My only wish is that they open a branch here in Cebu. I swear I'll wear a lemon-colored top on the day they open here! 

My next discovery and new favorite is a restaurant called Pepper Lunch. 


Pepper Lunch is a "fast-steak" restaurant that began in Tokyo, Japan, in 1994. What makes them unique from any other steak house I've tried is that they let you cook your food over a patented electromagnetic plate. 


You eat directly off the sizzling plate while heating/mixing the meat, special sauces, vegetables, rice and seasonings together. I had their Beef Pepper Rice which was P215 and worth every cent! Aaah! Just thinking about the meal I ordered makes my mouth water. 

My third new favorite thing is a dessert from Pepper Lunch called Molten Chocolate Cake:



If you think the Molten Chocolate Cake looks good in the picture, I promise you that it tastes even richer and more delicious in real life! 


If you want to know more about Pepper Lunch, check out their website, which also features a complete menu. Just like Happy Lemon, I wish they'd open a branch over here!

I had such a wonderful (feeding) time and to prove it I'm going to leave you with this rare picture of me grinning like a drunken idiot. 


Have you drank anything from Happy Lemon? Have you tried one of Pepper Lunch's DIY meals? Tell me all about them!

If you enjoyed this post and would like to see similar features on travel, great places to eat and drink and other events especially in Cebu, do follow Coffee, Tea or Death via Twitter, Facebook, Google Friend Connect or subscribe to the mailing list via the widget on the right sidebar. 

No comments:

Post a Comment